Many Executives do not have an Electronic Profile or Electronic Identity.
When last did you search for or Google your own name? Are you actively managing your own Electronic Identity and Profile? If not, I can guarantee that others are doing it on your behalf. Would it not be better if search results for your name displays content that originated from you? Would you even know if any of your staff, customers and even family members are posting electronic content about you?
The top two most popular and widely used Social Networking sites by Executives are:
LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com): LinkedIn is the world’s leading social networking site for business. Executives use LinkedIn to:
- Manage a network of professional contacts
- Reconnect with former colleagues and classmates
- Find jobs, opportunities and clients
- Manage professional recommendations
- Find and give answers to compelling business questions
- Join groups to discuss issues
- Establish credibility as an expert in your field
- Conduct market research
Twitter (www.twitter.com): Twitter is a micro blog service (similar to a bulk-sms). Twitter enables users to send and read messages or Tweets. Tweets are up to 140 characters displaying on the author’s profile page. The author’s subscribers, known as followers, receive these Tweets. Executives use Twitter for:
- Marketing campaigns
- Distribution of articles and blogs
- Keeping up with international expert articles and blogs
- Survey opinions
- Public relations
I want to encourage you to manage your Executive Electronic Profile. There are more than 100 smart ways to use LinkedIn (http://linkedintelligence.com/smart-ways-to-use-linkedin/). Many Twitter Tips and Tutorials are available for beginners (http://www.twitip.com/13-twitter-tips-and-tutorials-for-beginners/).
Next time you are online:
- Check out the SystemicLogic company profile on LinkedIn
- Follow SystemicLogicZA on Twitter and read our latest Tweets
- Bookmark our “Built-to-Thrive” blog on http://www.builttothrive.com/
Differentiate yourself. Be visible. Attract new people. Identify groundbreaking opportunities.
Let us connect…